How physical therapy from your orthopaedic and sports medicine specialists can help you
Physical therapy can help you regain strength and improve mobility and flexibility. It’s an important component of helping you regain your optimal health.
Orthopaedic specialist Dr. Jeffrey Chase at Virgin Islands Orthopaedics & Medical Specialists provide a wide range of medical services, including physical therapy. He has two convenient office locations in St. Thomas and St. Croix.
Your doctor may recommend physical therapy if you:
- Have been in a vehicle accident
- Have experienced a sports injury
- Are recovering from a major surgery
- Have experienced major trauma to your body
- Have a debilitating medical condition like arthritis
Your physical therapist will use a variety of methods to help you feel better, improve your range-of-motion, and get you moving again. These methods include:
- Therapeutic massage, to boost circulation, relax your muscles, and relieve pain
- Hot and cold therapy, to reduce swelling, inflammation, and pain
- Electrical stimulation therapy (TENS), to relax muscles
- Stretching and strengthening exercises, to increase strength, flexibility, and muscle, tendon, and ligament function
- Education, to help you care for yourself and heal at home
You can expect many benefits from physical therapy, including:
- Relief from pain
- Reduced inflammation and swelling
- Improved blood flow to promote healing
- Increased range-of-motion
- Improved flexibility and mobility
- Reduced downtime after surgery or an illness
Physical therapy can help you heal and feel better. Physical therapy services can help you regain your ability to move, so you can enjoy your life again.
To find out more about how physical therapy can help you, call Dr. Jeffrey Chase at Virgin Islands Orthopaedics & Medical Specialists. You can reach them in the St. Croix office by calling (340) 692-5000 or in St. Thomas by calling (340) 714-2845, so call now.